1. The oldest tree is a 4900-year-old Scots pine in Nevada, USA.
2. The tallest tree is the 110.3 meter tall evergreen Sequoia tree in California, USA.
3. The fastest growing tree is the Eucalyptus tree, which grows 10.6 meters in a year.
4. The highest waterfall – Angel Falls is located in Venezuela and falls from a height of 1054 meters.
5. The largest hailstone in the world - weighing 750 grams, fell in September 1970 in Kansas, USA.
6. The largest land animal is the African elephant, which reaches 3.8 meters in height, 10 meters in length, and weighs 10.8 tons.
7. Scientists have calculated – plants absorb up to 8 kilograms of carbon dioxide per hour per hectare.
8. Each person needs an average of 400 kg of oxygen per year.
9. Photosynthesis process - takes place under the influence of sunlight during the day. At night, plants, like other living organisms, absorb oxygen and release carbon. However, the oxygen used by plants for respiration is 20 times less than what they produce.
10. Scientists have calculated – each kilogram of green leaves of birch, wild pear and other trees contains benzene, which can kill 15 peoplekeeps
11. The Sheki-Zagatala zone is the most affected region of the republic.
12. The most favorable afforestation conditions in the republic are in the Talish region.
13. It is not recommended to sit in the shade of walnut, anjil and ailant trees because they secrete a lot of toxins.
14. According to the country's "Red Book", they include rare endemic and relict trees whose generations are being cut.
15. The natural distribution area of the Eldar pine is the area called "Ellar hollow".
16. Forests make up 11 (eleven) percent of the territory of Azerbaijan.
17. Plant species that are left over from the flora of the past geological period and have adapted to the new environment are called Relict plants.
18. Plants that grow in arid climates are called Arid plants.
19. The bee can gather more honey from the Linden tree.
20. Drinkable juice is obtained from the stem of the anther tree.
21. Saraga leaf is used as a dye.